Whoooooooooooooooo, a tutorial ... my first one
... so that's why it looks very crappy ... without words (I'LL EXPLAIN WHAT I DID HERE !!!!!!)
So, here we go !
1. For the Silverwing race, I always begin with an eye. Simple !
2. Then, I add the muzzle, saying also how the head will be placed. I start with a small line between the eye and the other one not already drawn and then I add the side's one to finish with the pointy nose. (NOTE : A Silverwing muzzle is ''thin'' compared to a Vampyrum one.)
3. After, I can add the other eye and the eyebrows. Don't forget the eyelashes if it's a female (or if you don't want them and show her feminity by an other way, go for it !). And remember, a Silverwing have a ''darker part'' near the eyes, so that's why I putted a line between the eyebrows and the eyes. Also, I add the left cheek under the left eye.
4. So here comes the smile ! It have to some sort of match with the left cheek I drew in the number 3. For the beginning of the smile, look at the muzzle line between the eyes, I go in the same way. Then, continue the line (not in the same way, just to give some ''realism'' to the mouth. A muzzle goes a little bit like a V, considering that the bottom of the V is where the nose should be).
5. After you can add the last part of the mouth, where there's the chin. For a male, you can add a pinch or whatever or just a little ''separation'' like I did for Luna here. (I know ... so that would mean she have a male mouth ... BUT, I don't care XD). And a female one is normally just ''round''. After that, you continue the line and don't make it too straight ! A face isn't a square !
6. Finally, you can begin the hair ! For Luna, I just make a little line (near the left eyebrow) to finish her head and then I make some ''diagonal'' straight line to begin the hair. It some sort of looks like a M but more spaced.
7. The rest of these goes like some V's or unfinished triangles if you like. Don't make these part of the hair too thin ! Because it replace the missing part of the head ! Also, I add the finition of the mouth (at the right of the picture). Silverwings have their mouth feature at the bottom.
8. Then, I can begin with the ears. I always begin with the most visible one. I begins with a small ''half-circle'' and a line (not so long !!) going the opposite side of your ''half-circle''.
9. Add after the last part of the ear (and also of the head if you noticed ! Remember, a head is round !!). You can always add some features to the ears ! Holes, rings, ect ...
10. The other ear (the not-so-visible one) have to look the same form as the other. A Silverwing have the end of the ear more ''square'' like. Also, we can begin the next part, the neck and the rest that goes with it !
11. The neck fur ! Remember, there's shoulders under the fur !! So, if you can see, I made it go down and up (The right shoulder, starting from the ear). The neck fur don't have to begin right behing the neck ! Or it will be like your character have no back. For the left side, the left shoulder is hide by her head, so let's make the line like if it was continuing. The way that goes the fur (in the middle) finish like a V. And make it goes as much as possible in the same way as the head ! And where there will be the future right arm, the line is like a small curve where it will finish with the ''middle'' of the neck fur. Also, I add the end of the hair, in the back. You can do them how you want them to look like. Curved or spiky, you decide
12. Final point ! The body ! See at the left, where there's a small ''V'' of the neck fur ? Well, that's where I begin the body. The straight line ''________'' just under the neck fur shows the direction of the body. (NOTE : For a female, in the show style, I'm not supposed to do this line. But it helps me a lot and I got used to it ^^ !!) Then, at the end of this straight line, you see there's a diagonal one ? It determines the front from the side of the body. So, what will be between this line and the one near the left arm I drew, that will be the ''front'' part of the body. For the arms, try to remember that, in the show style, they didn't gave thin arms to the bats ! They made them more ''human like'' (well, to resume : FURRIES D8 !). You see where I drew the line showing ''the wing membrane'' ? The more you make it thin (near the right line of the right arm) the more the arm is exposed and the hand would probably be far from the body or up in the air. But how I drew it, it says that the hand will be near the body. For the left arm, it's rare to see a part of the ''wing''. It's only when the arm is bent(?) on the body.
So, this is it ! Now you know how I draw Silverwings !!
See you next time with a new one that will be about Vampyrums (And my model will be Jarod